Raleigh Typhoon returns July 30, 2016!
TIPS / REMINDERS FOR TEAMS
- This event is rain or shine. If rain is a possibility, you may wish to bring an umbrella. Most activities are indoors, but this is for the travel between. Any mode of transportation is acceptable. If you choose to drive, be responsible.
- Don’t forget to arrive during our check-in window! Check-in is from 11 AM – 1:30 PM, BUT the game officially starts at 1:00 PM, so the earlier the better! Everyone on your team must be present to sign waivers before your team can receive the clues. Everyone on your team must have a VALID FORM OF IDENTIFICATION. Once we kick-off at 1:00 PM, we’ll give out clue lists and maps to the teams in order of check-in time.
- Don’t forget to bring SCOTCH TAPE! You’ll be sorry if you don’t. 🙂 There are places you can get some downtown, but you may prefer to save yourself the hassle and bring it with you.
- Might be smart to bring a phone charger, especially if your phone eats up energy for breakfast.
- PARKING! If you aren’t sure where to park, here’s a helpful map of spots around downtown.
See you soon!
What is the Raleigh Typhoon?
The heart of downtown Raleigh serves as the playing field for the Raleigh Typhoon scavenger hunt. The Typhoon is an urban adventure that tests your wits, stamina and sense of humor. More than a standard scavenger hunt, this unique expedition combines games, foot-racing and old-fashioned ridiculousness in this team-oriented adventure to win prizes!
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Raleigh Typhoon Itinerary on Saturday, July 30, 2016
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM: Team Check-In at b.good
1:00 PM: The hunt kicks off!
1:00 PM – 7:00 PM: The scavenger hunt!
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Teams can submit their answers for scoring starting 7:00 PM. Prize Announcements and Party at a secret location To Be Announced!
Teams will check in and kick off at our Starting Location, b.good in Downtown Raleigh, on Saturday, July 30, rain or shine. All proceeds from the Raleigh Typhoon benefit Activate Good. Limited space available. Register your team online here by July 28 to beat the crowds and get the early registration pricing! Please note we are unable to offer refunds.
The 2016 kick-off location is b.good in Downtown Raleigh. Teams will gallivant around downtown Raleigh, all the way from Moore Square up to Peace Street in search of clues to complete their puzzles!
Form a team and register online! Secure a spot for your team early to avoid race-day registration craziness! Once online Registration ends you can still register and sign in the day of the event at our kick-off location (but pre-registration online is cheaper!). Build an awesome team with 2-8 people, make sure someone has a smart device (with Internet capability, room for 50 pictures, a few videos, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter). Register, sign in, get your clue list and then go and win! Participants must be 21 & over.